NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The big bad

revolution graphics

Just as a clue to what revolution graphics may look like i went to ATI graphics card site http://www.ati.com/ to look at some of there best graphics cards and some of the images are mighty impresive.

just to prove that there may be a lot of hope that the revolution may have some powerfull graphics after all.

That means absolutely nothing. Those chips cost $140 (the X1800)to implement in a console (it does in the 360). I think it's posstible the Revolution will use a modified 65 nm version of the Mobility Radeon X1800XT chip (yet to be announced) or a Crossfired (dual GPU) laptop X1800XL or X850XT, but more will probably cost too much or create too much heat.

More than likly a single chip the benifit of two chips does not (at least in the end user market) make up for the cost and since nintendo will not be supporting HD there would be no reason to have two chips at all.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Rev will only have graphics that just beat the GC....

Reggie himselft said that there will be not significant differense from Revolution's graphics and ist competitors.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Rev will only have graphics that just beat the GC....

Check out this article. The developers say that REV will be MUCH more powerful that the cube and what people expect.

Also, read all the comments made by Randy Pitchford from gearbox (brothers in arms)....sounds like gearbox is gonna show a lot of love for the rev...

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145949&did=1

Take a high level ps2 game (one that is only on the PS2) and compair it to a high level xbox game (also console specific). Enjoy the results.

Edit: or the few games I know that were designed for the xbox then ported down, they would also make good ones to look at.

Splinter cell 1-3 and whatever the last turok was.

SpinesN it's not like they are in a different league of graphics though. The differences aren't that huge if you put it in some perspective. For instance does it really effect your experience of the game?

And your point about cross platform games might be invalid as well due to the fact that the PS2 has always been a slag to program for. You could say that the GCN ports don't run that well sometimes but that's because they are shoddy ports. It's not necessarily a reflection of the machine.

Considering the Xbox is actually quite a bit more powerful than the PS2 I expect the PS2 <> Xbox gap bigger than Rev <> PS3, simply because it seems you can build a system a bit less powerful for a lot less money and component space, especially considering the half year+ gap.

If they do use an ATI Mobility Radeon GPU (one in the R500 series), it should be able to make at least 70% performance of the Xbox 360 GPU.

Sign in to follow this