N-Europe

IE8 won't work

Tales

Immediately after I downloaded IE8 a few monts ago I experienced some problems. What happened was that sometimes a specific folder wouldn't load no matter where I wanted to go. But if I copied the link to another folder it would work. Creating a new folder wouldn't help, I would have to copy the link to a folder I was already using. Deleting the "damaged" folder and creating a new ones wouldn't work either. The problems wasn't there from the second I opened IE, it just happened out of the blue even if the folder worked fine earlier.

The second problem was more a nuisance than a problem. For no good reason IE will tell me the folder I just deleted wasn't working properly and starts searching for the problem(finding nothing), and then a bubble pops up at the bottom right saying there's a problem. Clicking that and it tells me why they tell me there's a problem. In this case there is nothing wrong with the folders, I just deleted them because I was done doing/reading something.

Now it's not working at all. I click on the IE icon and get the same "there's a problem" window. It tries to identify the problem but only tells me what I know; IE isn't working. And then it says it will tell me when it knows what the problem is...

AVG and Spybot removed plenty of viruses but IE is still not working.

Please don't tell me to use another browser.

Thanks.

Edited by Tales