NEurope
CoolFunkMan

HELP! Wii stuck on black screen

My Dad's just turned on the Wii, and the disc channel wasn't loading Wii Fit. So I went to the settings menu to download the update (as I haven't got it yet) to see if that would help. However, the screen has just gone black, the music is still playing and we can't turn it off or reset it. I've had it set up on a HDTV with component cables for a while. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks if anyone can help...

EDIT: Okay, I risked unplugging in from the back and that worked! I wasn't keen on the idea, but it had to be done. Plus it started reading the game for some reason. How odd. Sorry for the waste of thread btw. ^^;

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Wii Fit reguarly does this with me. It only happens when the Wii Fit disk is already in when you start it up.

Worryingly the conduit has started showing similar behaviour!

I get that a few times, don't think it's specific to any certain game. It's after you press the "start" button in the disc channel and the screen goes black, this always happens as normal, but normally only lasts for a second at the most... sometimes it gets stuck, but if you wait 2 - 3 mins the game should start up, you'll notice while it's stuck on black screen the disc isn't spinning or being read, if you wait a while you'll hear the disc start loading up and the game starts as normal... if you don't want to wait just hold down the power button on the actual console for 5 seconds it should power off and you can start again.

No idea why it happens though.

A similar thing happened to me with Resi 4 Wii Edition. Afterwards though my Wii wasn't able to get past the health and safety screen and I had to send it in.

I never actually expected any responses. I thought this thread was just a waste of time, lol. Thanks for the warnings though folks!

...Without the phantom army, the orcs and the trolls win...;) :P

Haha, and without The One, Agent Smith wins!

Life isn't that simple, though. It's not like Aragorn is going to not useee an Army of the Dead just to make it easier for the Orcs to win. He plays to win. Just like me.

Plus, fucking cave trolls. They're huge. How is that fair?!

Back on topic, as Mokong says, it's really not specific to any game. I've had this happen with Fifa08 and Guitar Hero 3, and quite a few other games. It's very rare though, but it's not particularly worrying. It's just some sort of delay, and usually doesn't last much longer than a minute.

I've also noticed that when this happens, my Wiimote light turns off. If I press a button, it'll flash a few times, then go off again. But, as the game screen loads up, the player one light comes back, too. I don't think it's anything particularly worrying, unless it becomes more frequent, and if your game doesn't ever load when it happens. If you're there waiting for 30 mins for the game to load...then there's a problem, I think.

Uhhh....Ok, ok! *presses the you win button* ;)

You guys no I'm kidding, Wii rules etc and everything inbetween... Just very busy these days so Im going to wait for the Black Wii then pig out on games. Kinda why I've been awol (with me Julli) for a while. Hope everyones ok. (no homo)

Edited by King_V