NEurope
Dannyboy-the-Dane

Suggestions for music making programs

Since this got no response in the creative gallery, I decided to post it here, too.

Hello, good townsfolk of the city of N-E.

I do not often venture in these here boards, but thoughts that have been circling in my brain lately have brought me here.

You see, I might be interested in trying out some music making programs for the computer, and since this is the creative gallery I thought it best to consult you fine lads 'n' lasses about the different programs on the market.

What I'm interested in are not sales speeches, but impressions from people who have actually tried the programs or otherwise know of them first-hand.

So if any of you have any experience with music programs, post your suggestions here. What I'd like to know about each program is:

• How much you can actually do with the program. Do you get three different sounds to work with and that's it, or can you make majestic works of art with it?
  • How difficult the program is to use. Can a three year old pick it up and create symphonies, or do you need several years of training to be able to remake the birthday song?
  • How much it costs. Can I pick it up for a fiver, or do I have to sell my kidneys?
  • Anything else there might be of interest or worth knowing. Do I have to give up my soul to the Devil, or can prolonged use result in constipation?

So there, I hope you great N-E'ers can be of assistance to me. Thank you. :)

Ive noticed more people seem to reply if theres a few posts already, so ill try help get the ball roling.

I remeber some really simple software called EJay, but thats for a quick few minutes messing about.

Sony acid music studio isn't too bad.

But if you want to easily create music tracks on the fly look at the Ejay series.

Thanks guys. :) It's interesting how fast I got a response in here compared to in the creative gallery. :p