NEurope
david.dakota

Wii Play? No, we don't. Oops scratch that, yes we do!

I think the thread title needs to be changed...

Lol, I tried. :blush:

Nice work snowman icon14.gif

:laughing:

Personally, i prefered it when no one played any games on Wii. I could almost understand Nintendo's stance on not releasing Fatal Frame. Since we've all started playing again, i'm pissed at Reggie all over again.

600px-No_U_Turn_sign.svg.png

Awesome, so they were wrong all along! Oh well :)

EDIT: I've just read the story over on VGChartz, and the PS3 is the least played of all the next gen consoles. The Wii even beat the 360 for January:

The corrected, updated chart instead shows the most-used consoles for the month were PlayStation 2 (23.7%), Wii (20.7%), Xbox 360 (18.2%), PlayStation 3 (9.0%), Xbox (7.9%), and GameCube (3.3%) bringing up the rear. Portable consoles and PC usage was not listed for the study.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

The corrected, updated chart instead shows the most-used consoles for the month were PlayStation 2 (23.7%), Wii (20.7%), Xbox 360 (18.2%), PlayStation 3 (9.0%), Xbox (7.9%), and GameCube (3.3%) bringing up the rear. Portable consoles and PC usage was not listed for the study.

How do they know what was played and when though? This current gen of consoles I can understand because mostly anyone who owns one will use it online so it could be checked that way but as for last gen consoles, there is no real way to check is there, assuming that they don't get played online anymore or can't be.

Me are confused now...

They probably did a survey of some kind. If the amount of answers they recieve is adequate, it gives a fairly trustworthy image. Let's just hope their target audience is representative for the global community.

And you know, kids: with statistics, you can prove anything. Anything! ;)

What does Reggie have to do with the game coming out in Europe?

Creating a precedent. Giving out signals. If NoA makes a decision, stupid as it may be, NoE is likely to follow. Unless NoE grows some serious backbone, we can wave Project Zero IV goodbye. We got lucky Disaster was released before the planned (and canned) US-release. If they decided not to bring it to N-A before it was released in Europe, I doubt we would have seen it on European shelves at all.

How do they know what was played and when though? This current gen of consoles I can understand because mostly anyone who owns one will use it online so it could be checked that way but as for last gen consoles, there is no real way to check is there, assuming that they don't get played online anymore or can't be.

If I remember correctly how the Nielsen ratings works is that people volunteer to be a part of this and everything they watch on TV and how much they play on what console is tracked.

This is tracked by having people copy down what and how much they watched/played over the day or use a box hooked to your TV that monitors how much you play and watch et cetera.

If I remember correctly how the Nielsen ratings works is that people volunteer to be a part of this and everything they watch on TV and how much they play on what console is tracked.

This is tracked by having people copy down what and how much they watched/played over the day or use a box hooked to your TV that monitors how much you play and watch et cetera.

Oh I understand now, thanks for the explanation :) hmm so I guess it's only really as conclusive as the amount of people who took part in it, still it's interesting to read the results all the same.