N-Europe

"Bad" Sega sales

Noku

I'm not entirely sure i agree with you. I don't think games- or any media- should refrain from using violence if its integral to the experience. The Silence of the Lambs demands its violence due to its subject matter- it'd be a very different film without it. I think the same can be applied to games- such as MadWorld and Overkill.

I'm again not sure the simple inclusion of violence is enough to warrant people dismissing games as adolescent. I know people with DS who'd not touch anything but Brain Training since they believe games in general are adolescent.

I'm not sure, but I'm starting to believe the older gamer is demanding- and whats being left out of the Wii lineup (including The Conduit as far as i can tell) is a deeper, well written narrative. A more cinematic experience, perhaps. But thats an argument for a different thread, i'm sure.

Point 1, so true for both for different reasons but the same principle non the less.

Additional - its all about an experience and I loved the experience of HOTD OK for many reasons but also this is about variation (as Ive said, if not here else where(im currently play mario kart Wii) ) so thank goodness for the Wii for that.

Edited by Pete

WTF? How are people complaining about sales for MadWorld... it's not even been out for a full week yet??? all the other games would be based on full week sales while Madworld would have been what, 3 days? Such quick jumps to screams of "fail" make it seem like people don't want it to do well

The thing is, games almost always come out on Fridays here, so almost all "first week" sales of games are always based on the first day sales and despite the fact it's only one day, usually that sales figure is better than the one of the following week.

That's how people can make comments based on pales in a short period, by analysing past sales patterns, like how a game of this type usually performs after its first week.