N-Europe

Photoshop/Illustrator help

Wesley

Hellooooo, I have a very similar problem in both these programs I can't seem to figure out. I have drawn a path with the pen tool which isn't closed, I try to stroke it in Illustrator and it closes it. I also try to stroke the same path on Photoshop's Layer options and the same happens.

I know I could just stroke the path using the stroke options in Photoshop, creating a raster layer, but I want it to be dependent on the path (especailly in Illustrator) so I can resize easily later.

Anyone care showing me how stupid I am?

Thanks in advaaaance.

I'm not sure that it's possible to stroke a path that you can then resize as a vector. But you could always add a stroke the the path on a new layer (like you said), leaving the path in the paths tab and making a new path if you need to use the shape tool for anything else.

When you want to resize, the path would still be there, you could hide the previous layer, resize the path and then add stroke again using the same brush options?

I don't think I made my first post clear, looking back on it. This is mostly about Illustrator, but is in dealing with using paths from Photoshop in Illustrator. If we forget about the resizing for a moment, because when I resize these paths in Illustrator their stroke stays a vector style and don't have any distortion.

What I really need help with, is making sure that Illustrator doesn't stroke the path closed like this:

paths.jpg

Hm, I don't know if it's the same in illustrator as photoshop (sorry but I don't use Illu much anymore and don't have it on my machine) then after you select the pen tool there should be an option to draw paths rather than shape layers. Shape layers automatically close but paths do not.

ps_t.gif