NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shift

£300 for a new phone (sim free)

Ive needed a new phone for about 2 weeks now. Im looking to spend up to £300 on a new (sim free) phone, but i cant decide on what phone to buy.

The phones ive been looking at are:

LG Renoir

Nokia 5800

Nokia N85

Samsung Omnia

I'll be doing some tripping around this year so i decent camera would be nice, as would built in wifi (so i dont need to take a camera and my ipod touch with me aswell).

Ive read up on them all and they all seem to have their own pro's and con's (from battery, to cost, to useability).

The LG Renoir has the best camera of the lot, but ive read that the battery is pretty poor.

The Nokia 5800 has a good battery, wifi, and performs well as an mp3/4 player, but only has a 3mp camera.

The Nokia N85 has good battery, wifi and a 5mp camera, but with no touch screen which id asume make web browsing more difficult.

The Samsung Omnia has a decent battery, wifi, touch screen and 5mp camera, but the cheapest ive found it for is £380 (which im willing to spend), but for £80 lessthe Renoir sports a better camera.

Then the cycle continues.

Im open to other phones aswell, these are just the ones ive come across so far that fit my needs.

Any advice is welcome.

I'd recommend the 5800, I was personally going to buy one... After using one in real life i can say its far better than any of the N series phones i've used (N85 included).

Ive just preordered the Lg Arena.

Its not out yet, but it has everything i need, is cheaper then the omnia, aswell as having more features.

I'm waiting patiently for the Omnia HD myself, I've still got my old D600 so its a bit tired by today's standards but that phone has never let me down, best phone I've ever had. So it will be a sad day when we part.

Sign in to follow this