NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Slaggis

Google Problem/General Virus Problem?

Right...this might be hard to explain.

Basically, suddenly google is VERY slow. The search results are a little odd sometimes, and sometimes (most of the time) after clicking on a result, it redirects me to some random website instead.

Also, when loading up IE (Not that I use it, but windows live messenger loads it up for my email) I get a warning from AVG telling me there's a virus, but it can't heal or vault it because it's in system 32 (Or at least that's why I assume it can't). I go into windows/system 32 and I cannot find the ".dll" file that this virus is apprently infecting...it doesn't exist. (This is on Vista btw).

Seperate problems? Or the same?

AVG says:

C:\Windows\system32\gaopdxihuxyoxp.dll "Virus indentified Win32\Cryptor"

Right...this might be hard to explain.

Basically, suddenly google is VERY slow. The search results are a little odd sometimes, and sometimes (most of the time) after clicking on a result, it redirects me to some random website instead.

Also, when loading up IE (Not that I use it, but windows live messenger loads it up for my email) I get a warning from AVG telling me there's a virus, but it can't heal or vault it because it's in system 32 (Or at least that's why I assume it can't). I go into windows/system 32 and I cannot find the ".dll" file that this virus is apprently infecting...it doesn't exist. (This is on Vista btw).

Seperate problems? Or the same?

AVG says:

C:\Windows\system32\gaopdxihuxyoxp.dll "Virus indentified Win32\Cryptor"

When AVG pops up virus names and stuff I usually whack them into google for some more info from people who've had the same, though I guess you might not be able to do that right now!

Anyhoo, a google for Win32\Cryptor popped this up as a first result, appears to have been somewhat successful for the person in question.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic176761.html

(fixing software is MBAM, lolz)

Thanks Rummy.

I wiped the pc and reinstalled vista last night, because it basically broke. Now, when I boot up, it flashes a blue screen as the green bar load bit comes on (really quick flash of a blue screen) and then retarts again. To stop this, I have to turn off the power, and then go to boot options and boot from the hardrive. Then it loads properly and everythings great.

Anyone have ANY idea how to fix this motherchucking thing?

Weird, it should be booting from the HDD by default anyway. Do you have anything connected to your PC like a USB drive or something like that? Most common cause of BSODs is a driver error, since you just formatted you won't have drivers for many USB devices (with the exception of Keyboard/Mouse etc that's installed with Windows). Also use your BIOS setup screen to make sure that HDD is the 1st option in the boot order list. Once you're into Vista successfully, get online and get all your drivers up to date (use ctrl panel -> device manager to make sure nothing's flagged)

Sign in to follow this