NEurope
Beast

Paris Hilton's British Best Friend? Whatever next?!

Just watched first 15 mins of this.

I remembered how she represents everything I hate in women/society and it's celebrity-love.

Doesn't help that the "friend"-who-lives-with-me kept making stupid comments about indecency and who is and isn't. Hate her.

I don't see why celebrities should be considered better than anyone else. While a celebrity might be good at acting or singing. Why is someone who's equally good or better at another skill thats potentially more important than acting or singing not recognized. In fact, there are tons of celebrities who can't do shit (like the one being discussed in this thread). I know some celebrities donate money to charity and stuff, but most people in that position probably would and a lot of them surely only do to get good publicity. While I might like a song or something, I don't go around treating someone like a god just because they wrote it. While some people do deserve praise because of how much they've contributed to society (for instance people who've completely saved/changed industries), most celebrities don't fall into this category, a good number of them have very little talent and just got lucky.

I don't see why celebrities should be considered better than anyone else. While a celebrity might be good at acting or singing. Why is someone who's equally good or better at another skill thats potentially more important than acting or singing not recognized. In fact, there are tons of celebrities who can't do shit (like the one being discussed in this thread). I know some celebrities donate money to charity and stuff, but most people in that position probably would and a lot of them surely only do to get good publicity. While I might like a song or something, I don't go around treating someone like a god just because they wrote it. While some people do deserve praise because of how much they've contributed to society (for instance people who've completely saved/changed industries), most celebrities don't fall into this category, a good number of them have very little talent and just got lucky.

people suck up to celebs, use em to better themselves. it seems like it could be an evolutionaly trait, attach yourself to some one more succesfull, maybe share their resorces, or atleast seem more appealing to potential mates.