N-Europe

Need help of my newest MP4 player?

woterm

I bought MP4 playerfrom China last week. Once I receive the player, I am so happy with its beautiful looking. But I am sad with its terrible manual and its software when I turn on it. The device has marked on the player itself saying that it is an AVI player. It contains a demo avi file which plays reasonably well.

I tried to load up some avi files which play on my computer. But the portable player says incorrect format. I think the problem is that I can not understand functions of player fully. After I tried several times, I still can not upload avi. File.

Can some one suggest what we can try in this situation? Have you come across this situation before? And have you bought any MP4 player from china? I think I have been cheated or the player had problem before shipment. Anyone help me?

Just because something is in avi format (which is an MP4 format) doesn't mean that the player will play the codec that the avi file is encoded in (usually XviD or DivX).

There is your issue, so few players play these formats... *sob* :(

All you can really do is negotiate with the seller for a refund, any knock off mp4 player on ebay is more trouble than its worth. These days certain items are best not brought from the worlds largest online auction site. Either way any video files you wish to upload to your mp4 player will probably have to be converted into the AMV format first using the virus riddled software that came on the mini cd in the box.

You may also find that your mp4 player's capacity is only 4 gigaBIT instead of gigaBYTE in which case you actually only have 512MB of space on your player.

I bought MP4 playerfrom China last week. Once I receive the player, I am so happy with its beautiful looking. But I am sad with its terrible manual and its software when I turn on it. The device has marked on the player itself saying that it is an AVI player. It contains a demo avi file which plays reasonably well.

I tried to load up some avi files which play on my computer. But the portable player says incorrect format. I think the problem is that I can not understand functions of player fully. After I tried several times, I still can not upload avi. File.

Can some one suggest what we can try in this situation? Have you come across this situation before? And have you bought any MP4 player from china? I think I have been cheated or the player had problem before shipment. Anyone help me?

Buying chinese players from ebay are risky dude, especially for someone who doesnt know the trusted brands etc.

sounds like your player is maybe a clone of another branded player as you say it only sez AVI player on it.

Any chance you can take a picture of it, I might be able to see what it is a clone of. The good chinese player will play most formats. I have two branded players and 95% of my AVI videos play fine with no conversion.

How big is this player? Is there a settings option on the player? does it say what firmware version it is?