NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Wireless speakers - worth it?

Sorry about posting so many threads here, this'll hopefully be the last tech one for a while. xD

Anyways, I've had the same set of 5.1 surround sound speakers for a few years now (Labetc Arena brand), but organising them is a problem. The wires don't extend very far, and they're too close to each other. When I move them (in limited range) they keep falling over, as I have no decent surfaces to put them on.

I've been thinknig that I'd benifit from a wireless set of 5.1 speakers for a long while now. That way, I could probably make some small shelves for them to rest on. Thing is, I'm unsure what brand to get, plus I'm worried in case the singal is crap. Can anyone recommend a decent set for around £50-£70 at the most?

Thanks again if anyone can help.

My 5.1 system has a wireless box that you can connect the two rear speakers to. At first I thought it wasn't working properly because it kept loosing the signal every few minutes for a few seconds. But then I found out that my dad had decided to move the box to behind the couch. TBH. They're more prone to problems than just wiring them. If the wires they came with don't reach, just buy longer ones. They're really not worth it.

I've always found in my experience that wireless were never quite as good as wired. They tend to be more expensive and not many are actually truely 'wireless' and they can have problems with losing signals.

Sign in to follow this