Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Has Wii lost the hardcore gamer?

Guest Maase

Grazza ignoring your comments about mirror shield the "pure version", because we've been over this, Iwata asks doesn't show anything of what you say. Long quotes:

I'd love to have the time to dissect those quotes, but I'll just say, although very interesting, the Iwata Asks interviews need a great deal of interpretation and reading between the lines.

And forget about the mirror shield. There was not a single clue about it. Much less would the Wii be a reason for them to remove it.

There were three swords, three types of armour and a big gap where the 3rd shield would go. Shield control requires a spare shoulder button, traditionally the R-button, which the Wii does not have (B-button was needed for other things).

Why did they put shield control into the original build? Why did they take it out? And why was it still in the game three months before its intended release?

About the "inferior controller", I'm all neutral for the sword waggle controls (a button press would be fine), but don't tell me that the aiming in the GameCube with a joystick was better than the Wii pointer.

I said it had limitations, not that it was inferior.

WW was the only Zelda with camera control and I don't remember having to use it once. It would have been nice for TP to have it on the Wii but I really didn't miss it. Plus, widescreen is nice.

Camera control is enjoyable and is 2nd-nature for gamers. I'm not criticising the Wii for not having it (generally). I'm saying, in principal, they Wii should not have been able to influence a GameCube game in any way.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to have the time to dissect those quotes, but I'll just say, although very interesting, the Iwata Asks interviews need a great deal of interpretation and reading between the lines.

Dude, what?

Read the Iwata Asks interview and you'll see the development team considered it finished and were amazed they were called back to work on it.

In the quotes I gave they say the EXACT OPPOSITE, the only thing remotely near what you said is that they thought the team would expect to work on the GC version only.

Funny, you pull me up on it, but not dazzybee who originally mentioned it. The point of this thread surely, is for discussion? Not instant dismissal of other people's ideas? If you don't wish to contribute productively, why contribute at all? Given that we both mentioned the subjectivity that surrounds such discussions, did you think you were bringing something more to the thread by pointing it out, or just trying to make yourself look smart and win some imaginary argument? Or did you actually believe yourself so much smarter and superior than anyone else who reads this thread, that none of them would appreciate the issue of subjectivity, without having it pointed out to them in a bolded way? Such an attitude doesn't really help threads like these, imo.

What dismissal? I just said, it's subjective! It's not dismissing anything. We've had the same discussion so many times, what's the point of having it again, specially when other people already answer it when you yourself say it's subjective? You're just trying to pick problems where there are none.

Camera control is enjoyable and is 2nd-nature for gamers. I'm not criticising the Wii for not having it (generally). I'm saying, in principal, they Wii should not have been able to influence a GameCube game in any way.

And the only place known to be influenced was lack of (useless) shield control. The rest is just baseless speculation.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!