NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
chrizkerr2

Speakers AUX mode stopped working.

Wondering if anyone can be of help and tell me what has gone wrong with my speakers. (The speakers in question are these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5337091/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|10199181/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILIPS.htm)

Anyways, the problem is the speakers are no longer playing sound which appears through my TV, they just suddenly stopped working in AUX mode (If I put a DVD in the threate system itself then they work)

I have no idea what the hell has gone wrong... They haven't been moved or anything, the red and white audio cables are connected correctly (Even tried a different set), but still no damn audio through the AUX mode...

This is just one of the things that I have no idea what the hell could of gone wrong, and no way of knowing how to fix them. So if anyone could lend me a helping hand and try and tell me what I could do to fix them, I would be greatly apperciated!

What kind of Audio Cable are you using? RCA or Optical?

Also, assuming this is a surround sound system are the rear speakers connected directly to the box or do they connect to a wireless receiver?

What kind of Audio Cable are you using? RCA or Optical?

Also, assuming this is a surround sound system are the rear speakers connected directly to the box or do they connect to a wireless receiver?

The Red and White Cables are what I use for Audio (Plugged straight from box into back of TV)

Yeh all speakers are directly connected to the box aswell.

Also, as a test I connected a different source up to the system (My Mp3) and it played sound fine... But still not working with it connected to the TV...

Have no idea if it could just be the cable, Have tried two different ones and neither worked, or if it is my TV.

Have you looked at the audio settings for your TV?

Yeh, although there is nothing there which I can see could be the problem.

Like it worked fine when I first got it and so, just out of nowhere this has happened. First time where I have no idea what has happened or how to fix it. :(

Maybe it's become "unassigned" from the box somehow... Idk how yours works but I assume most setups are similar, on mine you connect it (digibox, whatever) to labelled outlets on the back of the unit, and then select the correct output on the box with a remote, I know sometimes you have to assign the audio to a certain one, so maybe it's that. ::shrug:

Sign in to follow this