N-Europe

Unlocking Handsets

Razz

Last night I had my mobile stolen, so I blocked the sim card and handset through my provider. Now whilst waiting for my replacement sim card, I'm looking for a new handset. My sister has a handset that's locked with T-mobile and after googling, I found a few websites that claim to give unlock codes for around £2.99.

Now this sounds way too good to be true, and was just wondering if anyone else had used similar sites with any good results?

Here are a few of the ones I stumbled across:

Instant Unlock Codes

Unlock Search

And if anyone has any advice on another route to take please let me know.

Thanks,

Leo

You can contact your provider and they will provide you with a code to unlock the phone. Free too.

It depends on the provider and the length of time since the phone was purchased though. On most networks contract phones can be unlocked after the contract period ends. Vodafone is (AFAIK) the only exception to this, they'll let you unlock the phone whenever you like. I'm not sure what the system for PAYG handsets is, i think they'll probably want some money off you.

It depends on the provider and the length of time since the phone was purchased though. On most networks contract phones can be unlocked after the contract period ends. Vodafone is (AFAIK) the only exception to this, they'll let you unlock the phone whenever you like. I'm not sure what the system for PAYG handsets is, i think they'll probably want some money off you.

o2 lets you do it whenever. Online too, dunno if the others do it online.