NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Wii Goes Portable With Screen

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10574

Fancy waggling in the car, on an aeroplane or playing Wii Sports on the beach. Now you can with a swanky 7-inch screen.

The screen comes equipped with the Wii in mind. No wires, no mess. With a built in sensor bar and shaped to slot into the rear-end of the machine, the device snugly wraps its 16:9 LCD Screen around the Wii's already teeny body.

Screen: 7 inches TFT LCD

Resolution: 480(W) X 234(H)

PAL/NTSC (auto switching)

Flip picture upside-down for creative mounting options.

Auxiliary Stereo AV Connection (3 x RCA) - for connecting other video devices.

Power Source: 12 VDC (Car Cigar Lighter Adaptor Included).

wiiscrene.jpg

At an RRP of $109.99 (£65), it's quite a decent bargain for those wanting their home console on the move.

You don't get many Car Cigarette Lighters on the beach! but hey, nice idea I suppose!

Gamecube, PS1/PS2 got screens aswell didn't they?

The GCN one was built into a controller I think. Plus, I don't think too many airlines allow bluetooth either.

instantly fell in love with this the second I saw it

Will definately buy!!!!

If real

The GCN one was built into a controller I think. Plus, I don't think too many airlines allow bluetooth either.

My Cube one just went into a port at the back, didn't take any controller ports.

The controller ports didn't have video out. It was still connected to the back, its just the screen was mounted onto the controller. I can't remember what brand it was though.

It looks pretty good but still if i'm goin somewhere and i have a choice on what to bring with me in the car i would still choose my ds over my wii. Great idea and everythin but kinda want to be shittin money if u want to but stuff like that :D

Isn't the point of holidays and days out to get away from it, do something new and different.

And, by George, leaving your Wii at home?

The controller ports didn't have video out. It was still connected to the back, its just the screen was mounted onto the controller. I can't remember what brand it was though.

Can't remember who made mine since I took it back for a GBA SP :heh:

Mines had sort of clips, for the four corners at the back to keep it on and steady. The problem I had with it was, the screen was actually small I thought and there was plenty of space to make it bigger, but they didn't...

heres a video

it looks fake

Why would you think it was fake? Every 3rd party peripheral developer and their dog made one for the Gamecube, it's not as if it'd be any harder to make for the Wii.

heres a video

it looks fake

That's a modded Wii (in the legal way of modding stuff) that someone did, not an add-on screen. It even says so in the YouTube description.

Anyway, this isn't the first Wii screen and certainly won't be the last.

If this was real and had a battery powered option I'd for sure buy one to expand the games played at meet up events.

But I think playing it in a car could be tricky esp if your driving over a bumpy road, round sharp corners. Maybe suited to long straight stretches on the motorway only and simple VC style games that don't foucus heavily on Wiimote motion control?

Sign in to follow this