NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jav_NE

Past uses/misuses of the Wii controller

*Cough cough*. Re: IR Rotation. What happens to the cursor if you rotate your Remote on the Wii main menu? :blank:

The Wii remote can detect rotation sans IR. Look at the meat cooking mini game on Wario Ware. You are holding the Wii remote to the side

I was just thinking about how you control the pitch of your car in Excite Truck as well... surely thats the same thing.

(P.S. More ET pls Nintendo)

*Cough cough*. Re: IR Rotation. What happens to the cursor if you rotate your Remote on the Wii main menu? :blank:

Yeah sure, but that just shows that it can use either IR rotation or sensor based rotation.

I think the bonus of MotionPlus is the fact that it can almost perfectly replicate your motions. The baseball bat in Wii Baseball could be moved forwards and backwards, with this you can now rotate its position and move it backwards and forwards.

I think.

I think the bonus of MotionPlus is the fact that it can almost perfectly replicate your motions. The baseball bat in Wii Baseball could be moved forwards and backwards, with this you can now rotate its position and move it backwards and forwards.

I just hope it can do fast movements - hitting the ball in Wii Sports Baseball is just "big movement = button press".

It Cannot really detect rotation, thats what the Motion Plus is for. The way the games are designed, they assume you're holding it in a certain position and using it in a certain way. Instead of looking for actual rotation, It would look for what an Accelerometer should be saying if it was rotated, but this isn't perfect. Watch the video again.

It Cannot really detect rotation, thats what the Motion Plus is for. The way the games are designed, they assume you're holding it in a certain position and using it in a certain way. Instead of looking for actual rotation, It would look for what an Accelerometer should be saying if it was rotated, but this isn't perfect. Watch the video again.

From what you're saying Wii Motion Plus still won't enable you to hold the Wii Remote sideways and rotate backwards/forward.

From what you're saying Wii Motion Plus still won't enable you to hold the Wii Remote sideways and rotate backwards/forward.

That's exactly what Reggie did for the jet-ski game. What he's saying is, what you think was rotational capture with current remote wasn't actually what you thought. Because you are holding the remote in a certain fashion to which the game has told you to do so (restricting the movement parametres), it can hypothesise what movements you are making into the actions you see which makes you believe its 1:1 when it isn't.

Wii MotionPlus wont need to do that.

The Motion Plus has a multi axis gyroscope in it that can detect any rotation on any axis. That combines with the Wii Remote's accelerometer adding acceleration to the mix, and you have 1:1.

The Motion Plus has a multi axis gyroscope in it that can detect any rotation on any axis. That combines with the Wii Remote's accelerometer adding acceleration to the mix, and you have 1:1.

I'm talking about rotational detection, not 1:1. I know that the Motion Plus' two-axis combines with the Wii Remote's three-axis to produce a 1:1 detection.

But the rotation detection is part of what allows for 1:1.

Watch the video and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Watch the video and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

It seems to miss the whole rotating the remote sideways (when holding it forwards) part.

Sign in to follow this