NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

TV speakers

Does anybody know where I can find some decent speakers for my girlfriend's TV? I don't know the model but I will find out soon. It's and LCD HDTV and I'm pretty sure it's LG but possibly Samsung. I'm not looking for home cinema or anything just a decent set of speakers as the ones on the TV are a bit crap.

Hm.

Generally a decent pair of PC speakers from either Logitech or Creative would do the job. TV specific speakers can cost the Earth.

Whats your budget?

Have a look on eBay for a home cinema system - they're boss. You might be able to grab a bargain.

I'm worried by the words "extra value" in the description and the brand name that i've never heard of before. Could be a bargain, but they could also be shite.

I've got a pair of Logitech X-230s in front of me, pretty good for the price i paid. They've now been replaced by the X-240s, a tenner cheaper:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126176

No idea if they are as good as the 230s, but i would hope they are. Also got a pair of Logitech Z-4s in the house, truly stunning for £50! As it's for TV Creative's GigaWorks T20s might be a bit better than the Z-4, i've heard they are better with voices.

I don't think she would want a subwoofer. So a decent pair of 2.0s would suffice.

No sub on the T20s, and they were the best 2.0 PC speakers on the market until Creative launched the T40s

How would I connect the speakers to her TV? I read that they don't have a headphone socket. I'm going over there tonight so I'll have a look at what it does have.

Sign in to follow this