N-Europe

Game Maker question

darkjak

Hi.

I'm trying to learn gamemaker since we're going to use it next semester at my university. So I decided to make a game out of an old idea: Satan i Gatan.

Translated word by word it means "satan in the road". Basically it's the swedish equivelant to "I'll be darned". The game's about there being a portal to hell, in the middle of the street. People want to see satan dead, and you play Satan. He does anything in his power to survive, like summoning fires to fry everyone coming near the hole, and thrusting his spiky tale through the road to impale the onslaught of aproaching humans.

There's just one little problem. The game's supposed to be a single level arcade style game, with the game going on untill you die, whereafter you type in your highscore. The gameplay elements are there, the problem is that I can't make the enemies respawn, and once I'll find that out, I want increasing ammounts of enemies to come, and thereafter more different kinds of enemies. Plus that I want a gauge to show how much hell-flames that you have left, and of course I want it to decrease when you use it, and reload as time goes on.

So what are you asking?

How to make enemies respawn?

And then a bunch of other stuff?

Anyway, sounds like you are asking pretty much everything. Ever done any tutorials for this program? You may wanna post this on the official forum (or some fan forum) because I don't think many people here use it.

Sorry I can't be of much help; but I, like most on this forum, don't use Game Maker.