NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Nintendo64 Appreciation Day (A note to all Wii-ners)

Haha, Wii-ners...still makes me laugh. Makes me think of Wario as well. "I'm THE WII-NER!"

Ok, as a lot of you will have already have seen already in retro discussion, I am organising a Nintendo64 Appreciation Day.

Tapedeck (tee dee) has talked to me about this and we will be aiming to get some of the coverage up on the mainsite.

Here's how it works:

- First of all, in retro discussion, we write down a basic list of our favourite N64 games, some of the lesser known games, and we talk about which games we have yet to play.

- A list of these games gets compiled, and the names of games that appear the most are the ones we will get to play over the next week.

- At the moment, we're aiming for a Thursday start-date, and it should hopefully run to next Thursday. During each day, we will play the games for however long we feel like, and then write up our thoughts, impressions, and why it's considered a classic, why it's fun, etc. You can be negative, too.

- So, it might look like this:

Thurs: Goldeneye

Fri: Mario Kart

Sat: Banjo Kazooie

Sun: Ocarina of Time

Mon: Diddy Kong Racing

and so forth.

Just imagine it, spending a whole day on Goldeneye, whilst 40 odd other people from the forum do so as well. And then, coming back in the evening and discussing what you all thought of it.

The impressions will also go up on the mainsite.

What do you think? Check out the thread in Retro Discussion to see what names have been popping up so far.

We could even check out our best times, see who got the fastest level completion time on the Dam Level of Goldeneye, for example.

A bit disappointed at the lack of replies.

Stay tuned, because we'll be posting details about when and how this will be happening. In the next few hours.

n64weekminihz3.jpg

Starting Saturday 28th June 2008

We will be launching the feature with the FPS genre. Get you're N64 consoles at the ready. The launch hub and ongoing data will all be held HERE!

We hope to see you there!

The N64 was the greatest console EVER in my humble opinion! It was amazing. I would love to write an article for this event and help out. Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Starfox 64, ISS64, Waverace. Wow. It was amazing. I loved it so much.

Sadly I can't take part in the first day but I'd love to for other days.

WAIT

Does Sin & Punishment count as an FPS? I can't remember if it was 3rd person or not...

The N64 was the greatest console EVER in my humble opinion! It was amazing. I would love to write an article for this event and help out. Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Starfox 64, ISS64, Waverace. Wow. It was amazing. I loved it so much.

Basically, play the games (or a game from the genre) we tell you to play. And then, write about what you liked, disliked about it. A short review, we're not expecting three pages of detailed analysis. It would be great if everybody could do this, and then we can put some comments on the mainsite.

Thank you, dude.

I'll get involved if I can dig out my N64. Though my selection of games is dwindling.

I'll get involved if I can dig out my N64. Though my selection of games is dwindling.

Good man. :)

Come on, people. Let's see some support.

Right, secured an expansion pak from a bud today. Can't wait to get Perfect Dark on the go again, and Turok2! woo! The cerebral bore was frickin' awesome :D

Turok Rage Wars is pretty decent, too. Not as good as 2, but it's good. Very multiplayer orientated.

please.....just never call us wii-ners again:)

i mean do call xbox onwers "boxers"?:P

on a better more related-to-the-thread note:

Sign in to follow this