NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

LCD monitor flicker

Hullo! I have a nice Samsung SyncMaster 2043NW on a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT. Resolution is set to 1680x1050, which the Samsung manual says I should use - and is also the highest. The refresh rate is 60hz, which the manual says, and is the highest. I'm using both official drivers.

Help!

I'm tempted to day you're fucked. Have you adjusted the on screen options to see if that helps?

I just changed the Fine settings from 58 to 54 and it's stopped... Err.. fixed?

Ah poo, it's doing it again. When I press the auto button it then stops flickering but it comes back...

What's a blink?

Okay, Fineis down to 38 and allis calm. I can live with that shit.

Cables seem to be fine, this morning there's no flickering. Seems that the fine at 38 does the trick.

Did you use the cable that came with the monitor?

Yeah I'm using the cable. It seems fine for a while then gets worse... Like now. :/

I suggest you send it back if its new...

If its not, you might still have a warrenty. See how much it might cost to get it fixed.

Samsung will usually come over and replace the panel on site free of charge if its within warrenty.

It connects via DVI-I adapter, VGA cable if that makes a difference...

Doesn't, ask for a replacement, Samsung do replace at your door usually within a week of calling. My 245B broke a few months ago.

Okay then, after a day of using it, and having to press the auto-adjustment around 10 times I'm going to phone up tomorrow. Surely it must be the screen because I can't be expected to constantly be pressing it.

Sign in to follow this