NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fresh

XP Wireless Problem

I seem to be having a problem with my desktops wireless performance. I'm using a D-Link DSL-G624M wireless router/modem at the moment which provides the Internet for my desktop downstairs, desktop upstairs and laptop. The desktop downstairs being on cable the other 2 on the wireless.

Now the downstairs desktop can connect fine to the router every time and the laptop as well no matter where it is. But it is the upstairs PC that has the problem. I seem to always have "Limited or no connectivity", I've tried everything to solve this from winsock fixes to changing the ip manual and back to automatic countless times. I've even bought new wireless network receivers to see if it had anything to do with them but still nothing. I'm so totally confused and irritated with it now.

Could someone help us out since I may soon throw my PC out of the window and while it may satisfy me by doing that it may crush a small child or old women on the way down.

Make sure you are not using the Windows wireless settings manager to sort out the set-up...it has to be the one which goes with your wireless transceiver which you will have installed from disc.

Try a higher channel from inside your router's settings to see if that helps. Make sure your ip assignation is as simple as possible and that the desktop in question has its ip address showing in the place where it should in the router.

Obviously, ensure that any security codes ( WPA/WEP ) are entered correctly.

Higher channel? I don't quite get what you mean?

The channels range from 1 to 12 normally; the ones which the router uses to transmit on. You should be able to pick a channel from within the web page ( http://192.168.x.x ) of your router somewhere on the set up/wireless section.

Sign in to follow this