Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

AIW x800xt or x850xtpe?

CompSci

Guest Offerman

My X800 is not the AIW one, just the VIVO one and thats pretty useful. AIW cards are not as common in this generation as they where in past ones however they are great things to have.

As Roady said they have a TV Tuner in them and can pick up all the analogue channels, so thats BBC1, 2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5(Depending on Geographical Location). You will be able to record orf them and with extra software, pause live TV, and connect up any thing else to the AV port on the back. Like a games console...freeview box...etc.

My X800 is not the AIW one, just the VIVO one and thats pretty useful. AIW cards are not as common in this generation as they where in past ones however they are great things to have.

As Roady said they have a TV Tuner in them and can pick up all the analogue channels, so thats BBC1, 2, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5(Depending on Geographical Location). You will be able to record orf them and with extra software, pause live TV, and connect up any thing else to the AV port on the back. Like a games console...freeview box...etc.

yup ill shall keep my eyes open on when the next aiw card comes out.

are the better then standard ones at video editing too?

Guest Offerman
yup ill shall keep my eyes open on when the next aiw card comes out.

are the better then standard ones at video editing too?

Well video editing doesnt really utilise the GPU, that primarily uses the CPU and RAM. So it wont make a difference.