N-Europe

Broken HD TV

Mikey

I buy a Toshiba HD TV 18 months ago, and I try to use 720p on it with my 360, and it wouldnt work, the picture would come out all distorted, but it could put out the HD resolution in some form, even it if came out all wrong. I thought, ok, maybe it can only do 480p through component, and thought nothing more of it. Well the same tv complete lost its sound tonight, so I look up the model on the internet and I find out 18 months after getting it, it CAN do 720p through component. Should I be entitled to a full refund considering the TV has been broken since I got it without realizing it until now?

This is the TV I bought.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/info-103613.html

Repair man from Comet came out, and said the model didn't do 720p because of some copy protection. I felt like he was bullshitting me, so I called up Toshiba myself after he left, and they tested the EXACT same model I had with their Xbox 360, and it did 720p!!!

Lieing *****!!!!

This is the second time Comet have tried to fuck me over!!! I'm boycotting them!!!

Yep, he kept saying it had copy protection through component, and only with hdmi you can be guaranteed hd. I kept arguing with him, but he wouldn't have any of it, and took the TV away to fix the sound. Toshiba were very helpful, and basically told me they were bullshitting me. If they don't fix my fucking TV, I'm reporting the fuckers. It cost 500 quid that TV!!!