N-Europe

Second Life

AshMat

I know someone who buys gold from Warcraft. Where's the fun in buying virtual items when you can just work towards them and get some form of satisfaction from it?

I would imagine gold buyers do so as it presents a form of instant gratification. WoW revolves around the concept of grinding, and at its heart that is essentially 'work' — it isn't really fun, but it's compulsive as you're hooked up to an IV of gradual advancement.

In that sense I can see why people buy gold, as what's the point of spending 100 hours grinding 5000G to buy an Epic Flying Mount when you could pop onto a website and have that cash in your account in 15 minutes? Sure it cost real money, but think of all that time you've saved to go and do other more interesting things.

Buying gold is strange, but it's debatable that grinding for it yourself is even weirder: in the end you're both working towards the same empty goal.

Whats the point in getting a gardener to do your garden?

you have a big garden... or a bad back.

i cant imagine being so bored of my real life i'd need to buy another one... and my garden is pretty small :indeed:

EDIT: crap... i seem to find myself creating an account :hmm:

EDIT EDIT: oop. aaaand i got bored half-way through the form ^___^ lucky escape, crazy online community - no bluey love for YOU.