N-Europe

Best 8800GT Cooler.

AshMat

Most prices are acceptable, less than £30 though really.

I've had a look but i'm not sure which would be the best for me.

And before anyone says it's not necessary, my PC Cut off due to overheating last niht, i've got 3 80mm fans stuck on the case now, it's necessary.

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1, costs about £15.

Installed one to my ATi x1950 XTX yesterday and it's brilliant! Completely passive and idle temps below 40°C. Theres also a fan add-on called the turbo unit, costs i about a fiver. I bought one but tbh i don't need it so it's going back.

Worth noting though: Buy some extra thermal paste/tape, the stuff of the RAM heatsinks is really crappy. I didn't and installation was murder, im half expecting the sinks to fall off at any moment while my graphics card fries!

Most prices are acceptable, less than £30 though really.

I've had a look but i'm not sure which would be the best for me.

And before anyone says it's not necessary, my PC Cut off due to overheating last niht, i've got 3 80mm fans stuck on the case now, it's necessary.

Either its messy inside your PC, your PSU is a little dodgy or you have some serious heat issues.

Cheers Phee.

Also Jardon, the 88GT ius a very hot card after all, and the only real cooling was a single 80mm on the back, it's definitely not messy in there, the guys who put it together did a good job of making it tidy.

EDIT:

http://scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=627848

That one?

Anything i need? Or is it a simple screw-on job?

EDIT 2: Wait how exactly do i install this?

Cheers Phee.

Also Jardon, the 88GT ius a very hot card after all, and the only real cooling was a single 80mm on the back, it's definitely not messy in there, the guys who put it together did a good job of making it tidy.

EDIT:

http://scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=627848

That one?

Anything i need? Or is it a simple screw-on job?

EDIT 2: Wait how exactly do i install this?

It's gone up in price :laughing: Got mine for £12!

Yeah, thats the one. Instructions are in the box, it's basically:

1. Remove old heatsink

2. Clean thermal paste off the chips

3. Add the pieces in order, they all stick down or screw in place.

4. Put card back in computer.

The sticky on the RAM heatsinks isn't very good so it's worth ordering some of this for when the inevitably fall off: http://scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=635996

Other than that a bottle of nail varnish remover and some cotton buds for cleaning the old thermal paste off the chips

EDIT: Got some pics

10.JPG

11.JPG

The 1st pic is just after the stock cooler has been removed, the 2nd is after cleaning and installation of the RAM modules. You want to clean all the blue sticky stuff off and give the RAM chips and processor (the big chip) a good clean, otherwise the new kit won't stick properly.