N-Europe

imovie help

Guest bluey

(or: the official "help the idiot work imovie" thread!! :yay: )

i'm working on a macbook with built in isight and imovie HD 6.0.3

i want to create simple video blog type things ... i've worked out how to get the camera working - but it doesnt seem to want to record sound at all.

can anyone help me with this? keeping in mind that i am indeed rather thick ^__^

thank youu!

If you have a build-in isight, you will have an build in microphone (or is that iMic?). If you want to do videopodcasts, use Apple's Photo Booth. You can record movies with that, and it will include sound. Just make sure you're close enough to the microphone (those aren't perfect, dear).

You can still cut it in iMovie later.

ooh ooh... how do you make photo booth record movie?? i cant see a function for that in any of the dropdown menus :S and i dont see a newer version that the one i have... (1.2)

Sorry your running the version of photo booth that came with tiger and I think it was only the leopard one that could record video. So your going to have to upgrade to leopard to get the update.

What you could do is open garageband and while recording with iSight, record the audio in garageband and then import it.

Or dub it for some hilarious effects.

But you have a mic and a camera in your mac, you just need the correct software now. I would tell you to take on Leopard (since your computer is pretty recent) with heaps of new features and ease to tape video podcasts with photo booth.