N-Europe

"We Need Locking Mechanisms On The Car Doors"

david.dakota

Random Jurassic Park quotes aside, i recall seeing a picture of a new Wii wrist strap, this revised version included a locking mechanism (not such a random quote now) to ensure the wrist strap does not come loose during vigorous use of the Length of Joy (AKA the Wii Remote).

Nintendo previously supplied emails/contact forms for upgrading items- such as wrist straps and jackets. Is there a way of getting these lockable wrist straps for our good Fiends at Nintendo Europe?

I emailed the regular codestorm email address aaages ago and recieved nothing for aaages. I also in that time manage to send my wii back to codestorm for repair/replacement and still got nothing in the way of straps. A fortnight ago i got my new lockable wii straps after a 6 months wait.

I'd email them and prepare to wait a long long time

Extortion much? Why do you guys request these things when you a) probably don't need them and b) probably won't use them. You're just taking money out of father Nintendo's pocket's.

The following covers A+B: i have to play(also meaning less experienced wiimote waving friends have to play) wii tennis mighty close to the plastic, expensive scratchable hdtv as well as other various expensive items. The wii strap i had with the packed-in controller was the first-run *thin* one and the grey plastic part always slides down, meaning i have to constantly tighten it in wii sports. My other wiimote had the slightly thicker cord but still had the same sliding problem.

Nintendo realised they made the strap too thin/flimsy, then fixed it. Are we not to take up this offer? As regards to extortion - Im not just in it for free stuff as i havent taken them up on their padded wiimote sleeve things. Just the items i will actually use.

I needed them. Mine were way too flimsy and thin and I have a lot of kit in my room which could do without being broken. Not to mention one of the straps had the plastic filling come out of the cloth bit

You needed them? How many times has the Wii remote slipped out of your hand? I've had my Wii since release day and not once have I let go of it whilst playing, so in theory I've NEVER needed them.

You needed them? How many times has the Wii remote slipped out of your hand? I've had my Wii since release day and not once have I let go of it whilst playing, so in theory I've NEVER needed them.

None but the Wiimote straps were starting to fray and I'd rather be safe than sorry and risk destroying my tv and other various expensive equipment in my room