NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Samsung 19" HD-Ready LCD TV for £199...Deal or no Deal?

19"? Thats like... the size of my monitor. One of them...

I dunno, save up another £100 and get a 32" or something. Its seems like a fairly nice set, nothing special about it. Look into some reviews if you really want it.

19"? Thats like... the size of my monitor. One of them...

I dunno, save up another £100 and get a 32" or something. Its seems like a fairly nice set, nothing special about it. Look into some reviews if you really want it.

Yeah, I live on campus and our rooms are attic-like so I usually hunt the smaller tvs...32" seems too big for a small room.

Ah! I see :)

Okay, just look up reviews.

I know the LE21R87BDX is a great set, so if you fancy spending a little more you can get one of those. (its a 21" btw)

Ah! I see :)

Okay, just look up reviews.

I know the LE21R87BDX is a great set, so if you fancy spending a little more you can get one of those. (its a 21" btw)

Hmmm, thanks let me go into research.

Is that one of the ones with the sexy flat buttons that are touch sensitive? Saw one in Currys they look awesome. (Of course I tried the buttons :P)

OMG this TV is superb. My first step into HD world and I can really see it; the reds are so red! I was playing going through OOT's fire Temple with Wii component cords and OMG!! My room was a scarlet red. I hooked up the TV via DVI with my Mac Mini and right now I'm using the PIP feature which i just discovered seconds from typing this...AMAZING! Watching tv whilst surfing the net on one screen...Priceless. I can finally get my news at 10 bulletins whilst playing games.

This tv is top quality, I highly recommend. The only slight issue may be that its Tv turner creates a weak-ish aerial signal.

Nice one...I've got a 32" Toshiba HDTV but felt like I wanted a new PC monitor since PC on HDTV never looks quite right to me. I got a Samsung 22" widescreen for £214 I think from Comet, since I had a £500 gift card from Christmas.

What can I say, it's so bright and 3000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time! What a bargain. :D

Nice one...I've got a 32" Toshiba HDTV but felt like I wanted a new PC monitor since PC on HDTV never looks quite right to me. I got a Samsung 22" widescreen for £214 I think from Comet, since I had a £500 gift card from Christmas.

What can I say, it's so bright and 3000:1 contrast ratio and 2ms response time! What a bargain. :D

Its wonderful, I love the sleek range of samsungs. They seem to winning all these product design awards to. Have you tried the PIP?

No...what's that? :S

All I know so far is that it looks brilliant... this is mine

Check your remote for the PIP button. If you use your TV as a PC monitor whenever you're using the computer, PIP allows you to also view tv programos on a small screen in the corner of the display. Proper bo.

Oooh, try watxhing some HD IGN videos, I can clearly see the difference between composite Twilight Princess and Component TP. Also view HD content here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

Check your remote for the PIP button. If you use your TV as a PC monitor whenever you're using the computer, PIP allows you to also view tv programos on a small screen in the corner of the display. Proper bo.

Oh I remember doing that at one point...but it was prety small.

King-V does it have freeview built in?

I was gonna get this;

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3435709/-/Product.html?searchstring=samsung+LE19R86BDX&searchsource=0

but tempted by the cheaper price for this one and I do have a freeview box knocking around somewhere.

No, no freeview in mine, but my tv is basically the same as that one but without freeview and the touch sensitive buttons. Both good deals though. If you're looking for a 19" you will certainly be satisfied with this.

This Tv has; 1 HDMI input, 1 component, 1 DVI, 1 VGA and composite components on the side - though I don't recommend because using composites on HDTVs gives you this very blurry picture. For example playing TP with composites you can't see the details of Link's eye - its just a blur.

Sign in to follow this