NEurope
killer kirby

Retro RPG's (might contain spoilers)

i really do not think they will toned down phantasia on the GBA.

Oh yeah has anyone ever played Bahamut Lagoon on the SNES it was a top notch game and it is even better when i found one that was translated.

My favourite old RPGs are Illusion of Time and Terranigma. The SNES FF titles really don't do it for me (I have them on PSone), but FFVII was the turning point in the series for me, I finally found a Squaresoft title I actually wanted to finish with that game. Shame FFVIII was so bad.

I didn't like Secret of Mana half as much as Evermore, either. Evermore had a more interesting story, I think. At least for a *thinks* early teenager. Yeah, it was 1996 wasn't it? I would've been about 13 then. Evermore was about the perfect game for me back then.

I liked SMRPG, even though it was US only. I thought the way new characters were made and the plot twists were great! :D

really i had no idea that tales of symphonia was toned down, what parts were they and what was it about and i am still playing phantasia, just went back in time got the summoner and i am going up the mountian fighting sylphs.
mostly... the dialogs, two of the characters were completly toned down, from the osaka accent to the content, not that much... but they were, some perverted jokes were also toned down.

Then they cutted the opening Song; damn them.

I do think the gba version will indeed be toned down, in jokes like "girl X is good, but I bet Y fucks like a tiger", most likely they'll also cut the opening song, the highlights is that this version uses the PSone remake sprites and I think, has one extra playable character that was available in the PSone version, and not in the original SNES one.

still, I played both the original versions in japanese and I tend to like the original SNES one better appart from the Full Motion Videos of course.

My favourite old RPGs are Illusion of Time and Terranigma. The SNES FF titles really don't do it for me (I have them on PSone), but FFVII was the turning point in the series for me, I finally found a Squaresoft title I actually wanted to finish with that game. Shame FFVIII was so bad.

I didn't like Secret of Mana half as much as Evermore, either. Evermore had a more interesting story, I think. At least for a *thinks* early teenager. Yeah, it was 1996 wasn't it? I would've been about 13 then. Evermore was about the perfect game for me back then.

and with FFVIII i think the game got really boring on the third disk i nearly finished disk three but i couldn't be stuffed playing it anymore, mabey it was because i had brought Harvest Moon

I played Evermore, but i didn't get far in it so i gave up in it, and it was very early in the game, and also couldn't get in the game.