N-Europe

Is the Nintendo Kids image gone?

mcj metroid

I have a colleague who firmly believes that the Wii is for casual rather than hardcore gamers. He's big into PC gaming and reckons Nintendo games are kiddy and aren't immersive enough. He's actually got a DS but I've given up trying to argue with him about the Wii as I don't really care. I love my Wii and am playing it heaps at the moment, much more than I ever played my PS2. I'll take Mario over Halo any day - for me it's just more fun and that's what's important.

for me it was never there ( the kiddy image ) only when they brought Pikmin , i just think that nintendo Games are lots more fun and have more replay value in my opinion couse i have a 360 and a wii but im spending more time on my wii then on the 360 that is why i seriously want that Developers spending more time on the online function in games and put it as a must then sales will rise up really fast , becouse when they anounce online in any game then im gettin interested in it no mather wich game it is even if they anounce pikmin online even then im considering buying it even that i dont really like pikmin but online play i dont know i just like the option in games

I think it has lost it's kids only image and been replaced with family fun image.

Seriously. The adverts seem to show a fun family outing like playing on a trampoline or a yoyo. Hopefully with prime and mario it will pass off as a little more serious.

It also seems to have gained the image of "We can half ass it on the Wii and make our real games for the real consoles" image according to some developers.