N-Europe

Booting from CD.

Caris

So my laptop just came in the post today and i'm gonna install a fresh copy of Vista on it. (bloatware heaven)

2 Things:

It comes with a Driver and Software disk and a Recovery disk. (I think the Rec disk is just Vista with Horrid Asus stuff). So will it be fine if i use my normal Vista disk from my desktop and just put the CD key in from undernieth the laptop? Then Use the driver disk's when it's booted up.

Last of all if that is okay, how do i boot from the CD? I've googled but i can't find out what key to press, i need to delete some partions(sp) on my drive and can only do it from booting up via the CD. My laptop is a Asus F3SC.

Cheers.

As long as your Vista key is for the same kind of Vista (Basic/Premium whatever) then it should work with a regular Vista disk (I think that's what you meant?)

As for booting from a disk:

Go into your BIOS and find the boot order option, change it so D:\ (or whatever your disk drive is) is first. If you have a fairly new BIOS you might be able to press F8 when it says "Press Del to Enter Setup" and go to a specific boot menu (can on my PC)