N-Europe

Login Problem

kcl91

Help guys!

Last week my internet had been workin perfectly, but since 2 days ago, i haven't been able to login in to any sites (eg Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo even eBay). The main page loads up fine, but i enter in my email and password, and then click enter and it comes up with the message 'IE can't be display page'.

The only reason why i can post here is because im permanently logged in to n-europe forums. (i clicked 'remember me'). All other internet sites work perfectly but when it comes to logging in..ahhh!

But here's a big problem. I have a netgear router connected (by ethernet) to my pc via port 1 on the back, and if i connect my laptop by another ethernet cable into port 2 and then go on the laptop's Internet Explorer, i can login perfectly fine.

Any help is appreciated!

Uhm, I actually mean: install Firefox on your computer. Or opera. Not the one on your Wii or the laptop - the one on the pc with the problem, so you can test if it's the pc (it could be a general firewall issue).

If it works on firefox or opera, than it's IE that's having nice quirks again. Start using your alternative browser and start to love it, since IE still feels like the worst browser of the lot.

My guess would be firewalls problems. Try this risky tidbit for a second: turn off your firewalls and try to login into a trusted website. Still no luck? Than you're probably having some difficulties with your network connection or your latop, but nothing I can guess or solve from out here. (That and I'm on mac, so it doesn't make it easier - but I know my way around the full-screened (pun intended, motion) Windows®)

Reinstall windows? I know it's a pain in the arse but it should be done every 3-6 months anyway and it's pretty much guaranteed to work

Sorry to bring that up again, but reinstall every 5-6 months? My god, it's a burden to be windows... Does everybody have that experience when using Windows?

Make me glad that the only maintance on mac is cleaning up your files...