NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Boot problem.

Yeah so i put a new CPU and Mobo in my computer yesterday and everything is working fine apart from booting. It does boot, sorta problem free but after the Vista bar loads up my pc is on a blank screen for about 2-3minutes before the Vista orb apears and the tune plays.

I don't think it can be boot settings becuase Windows starts to load up. I have done a defrag that didn't help, any ideas?

Mines been doing the exact same thing for the past 2 weeks. It's pretty annoying have to wait to log on.

Yeah so i put a new CPU and Mobo in my computer yesterday and everything is working fine apart from booting. It does boot' date=' sorta problem free but after the Vista bar loads up my pc is on a blank screen for about 2-3minutes before the Vista orb apears and the tune plays.

I don't think it can be boot settings becuase Windows starts to load up. I have done a defrag that didn't help, any ideas?[/quote']

Do a repair install, that might solve it.

I know it's because it's still fairly new and all, but man, this board doesn't fill me with Vista-upgrade confidence at all. :blank:

have you installed the performance and compatibility updates from the MS site... they might do the trick. Check the Vista thread (either the last page or the one before) for links... some git called theguyfromspark posted about it, the tosser.

have you installed the performance and compatibility updates from the MS site... they might do the trick. Check the Vista thread (either the last page or the one before) for links... some git called theguyfromspark posted about it, the tosser.

Now I think about it, it's been happening since around about the time I've installed them. I could be wrong though.

Now I think about it, it's been happening since around about the time I've installed them. I could be wrong though.

Do you use a USB stick for readyboost at all?

Just a wild stab in the dark, but try disabling ready boost, deleting the files on the USB stick, restarting the machine, then re-enable ready boost and restart again. See what the boot times are on each reboot.

I've been having the same problem, ever since the last update! My whole system seems to be running a lot slower tbh...

What happens with you Phee? Explain to me so i know you have the same problem.

I just flashed the BIOS with the lastest version, done a format and it still does it!

Computer boots, Vista loads up and then theres a delay before the login screen come up. By delay im talking 2 mins!

Only thing i can think of is it was something to do with the last update, i installed it and the morning after this problem started happening :(

Sign in to follow this