N-Europe

Wireless Network Help

Eddage

Basically the wireless network in my house is shit. We have a BT Home hub (bad start I know) and whilst the signal is fine on the downstairs computer in the study, it's shocking in my room.

I wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with wireless signal extenders/expanders, like this one and if you could recommend me a good one. Whilst I'm at it I might as well ask your opinions on the best wireless receivers to chuck in the back of the computer.

Personally I would prefer to run an ethernet cable from the modem up to my room but the 'rents would rather spend £70 odd on an extender rather than pay nothing (I would buy the ethernet cable myself) and have a little wire running through some rooms!

Edit:

After some searching I came across this, Hawking Wireless-G Range Extender it seems to be the best one I can find, although I would like to see if any of you guys know about anything better!

Thanks in advance.

Basically the wireless network in my house is shit. We have a BT Home hub (bad start I know) and whilst the signal is fine on the downstairs computer in the study, it's shocking in my room.

I wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with wireless signal extenders/expanders, like this one and if you could recommend me a good one. Whilst I'm at it I might as well ask your opinions on the best wireless receivers to chuck in the back of the computer.

Personally I would prefer to run an ethernet cable from the modem up to my room but the 'rents would rather spend £70 odd on an extender rather than pay nothing (I would buy the ethernet cable myself) and have a little wire running through some rooms!

Edit:

After some searching I came across this, Hawking Wireless-G Range Extender it seems to be the best one I can find, although I would like to see if any of you guys know about anything better!

Thanks in advance.

The one you chose seems pretty good.

I have a BT home hub too. It hates me.