N-Europe

Computer slowdown when playing games

Ok, whenever I play games on my pc (usually Black + White 2, Sims 2, Oblivion at the moment) after about 10 minutes it slows down, alot, it's really really laggy.

So I press the windows key, and I have a program called FreeRamxp pro which tells you how muhc ram you have left or somthing, and it's usually on 1300mb + and after this slowdown happens it's between 200mb - 700mb. So I free the ram up, and it goes back to 1300mb +. But then 10 minutes later is goes back down again to lag hell!

Now I presume this is the cause of the slowdown, but what confuses me is a few months ago this wasn't happening at all.

I have ran virus scans etc and everything alright.

I run the games on max settings but I also did few months back when it was fine.

Heres my specs if it's any help

Windows Vista

AMD Athlon 3700+

2gig ram

NVidia GeForce 7600gt

Any help would be appreciated.

I just read that the GF8800 has the problem that it doesn't free up the ram so it gets totally overloaded. I don't know if it's the same with your card but chances are it is. Maybe due to a faulty driver-set by nVidia, I don't know.

Apparently they are working on it so hope that the next update will fix it. Sorry i can't give you any other advice but maybe you get lucky when googling it.