NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LazyBoy

Help needed! Looking for some software

I need to create an extensive representation of a supply chain. The program needs to be able to work with existing images, and it has it to allow animation of sorts. Basically I need to be able to show the movement of various products around the world in a clear and clean way.

It has to work on a mac (power PC), and it would be good if it's free/downloadable, but that isn't necessary.

I'm asking here because it shouldn't be too far from photoshopping (which I have some exprience with).

Thanks a lot, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flash CS3 professional (9) made by adobe

and if your not on a budget (ie someone else is paying for software costs) get the CS3 design premium because then you'll also get Photoshop extended Illustrator (works well with flash) dreamweaver and indesign (or go with web premium)

you will need at least 1gig of ram though

and it does work on a power pc mac as macromedia/adobe started on macs and adobe still supports them

The GIMP, works with existing pictures, can make animations (i've never done it, but from tutorials), all the stuff you mentioned is perfectly possible, and it's free, it's also a very good program:

http://www.gimp.org

I tried to download both, but for some reason Gimp didn't want to install, so my decision was prety much made for me, and CS3 is working fine. When I finish with this though I'll give it another try because these programs always come in handy. Thanks again.

are you going to buy flash or just do what you need to with the trial?

Well I need the project done by the end of the week so there's no point getting anything more than the 30-day trial. However I may think of investing in it in the future, its a fun little program to use.

Sign in to follow this