N-Europe

Radeon X1800XT Overclocked to 1GHZ

Guest Jordan

Unforch theres no such thing as "future proof" these days. My X800 was the dogs bollocks back this time last year. Now its getting slower and worse over time.

What are you getting *gasp* 30fps on the latest games now. :heh:

I've had a 9600 pro forever now and I can play CSS on max 50-60fps, that's all I need.

Well, since this has turned into a general graphics card thread, i'm going to point out this little gem.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2005/10/26/512mb_7800gtx_on_nov_7th/

"On November 7th OcUK will be launch partner with NVIDIA on the new faster clocked 512MB 7800 GTX which will further establish NVIDIA as performance leader and OcUK will have priority allocation on 512MB cards which could also mean we have exclusivity, and unlike ATI, NVIDIA will be shipping plenty of stock throughout November."

Obviously, NVIDIA will not confirm the date or clock speed changes for us, but OcUK's product manager believes that it will be clocked higher than the 256MB version of the GeForce 7800 GTX.

Sure, the extra 256MB won't make much difference, but its probably going to be overclocked even more anyway. I suspect this card will more or less match the X1800, at a chaper price, with good drivers.

Guest Offerman

HDR never just rapes the card - its often a sign of latency between the North Bridge and CPU. This is seen less on AMD 64-Bit 939 Pin systems because the memory controller, which normally resides on the N.Bridge is actually in the CPU.

HDR will always be very very computer intensive, not just GPU intensive. I am pretty surprised I got 30-40 using HDR I expected alot less, considering my feeble mobo.