N-Europe

Samsung HDTV problem

MasterYoda

There's one thing that annoys me about my HDTV, so I searched these forums for a Samsung HDTV thread and here's what I found:

one thing that might annoy u, is that it auto dimms when ever there is a dark scene and auto brights up when there is a light scene annoying at first but u get used to it

That's my problem.

You can turn that off in the menu on mine. Not sure about the newer models.

There are auto volume and auto brightness options you can turn off.

The auto volume option can be turned off on my TV, but I don't see a auto brightness option.

Blue_Ninja0 posted this in that same thread:

I can do that on my TV, but i have to enter the code to get to the service menu. The option is not on the normal menu.

So what is the code? The TV I have is Samsung LE27S71B. It's pretty annoying, so if anyone knows how to turn auto brightness off, please help.

Its the backlight. It decreases brightness as a cheap way to increase the detail in black areas, turning the auto-adjust off will lessen the detail in dark areas of the screen.

Not sure about you're specific set but i think you just need to follow these steps:

1. Put the TV on standby...

2. Then press info-menu-mute-power, one after the other and the service menu appears.

3. If you go into option 2, you can turn off 'Dynamic dimming' is, that annoying habit the TV has of changing the brightness of the backlight during programmes.

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE SERVICE MENU. CHANGING THE WRONG SETTING COULD MESS YOU'RE TV UP BADLY AND YOU'D NEED AN ENGINEER OUT TO FIX IT

hello, i have purchased a Samsung LE-37S71 and that dimming thing really pisses me off. Whenever a scene is dark whole screen turns dark, even the menu letters, when i press the MENU button on the remote. When the scene is bright, sunlight etc picture is really nice, cause the dimming is off.

I went to the service menu and then at the OPTION menu, and at the Dimming setting has ANA-P3 as default.

The other settings it has are

ANA/PWM-P3

PWM

ANA/PWM-N3

ANA-N3

ANA/PWN-P5

ANA-P5

ANA/PWM-N5

ANA-N5

There is no Dimming ON/OFF button... although a friend of mine that has the 32S71 model it clearly says Dimming ON/OFF.

Anybody that would help me it would be great. Thanks.

I purchased a Samsung LE23R71WX in late November last year and haven't had any problems like the one described, the only time it dims on mine is when it's left completely inactive for 5 - 10 mins, it dims then to reduce screen burn but I haven't noticed it adjust the brightness according to whats displayed on the screen.

hello, i have purchased a Samsung LE-37S71 and that dimming thing really pisses me off. Whenever a scene is dark whole screen turns dark, even the menu letters, when i press the MENU button on the remote. When the scene is bright, sunlight etc picture is really nice, cause the dimming is off.

I went to the service menu and then at the OPTION menu, and at the Dimming setting has ANA-P3 as default.

The other settings it has are

ANA/PWM-P3

PWM

ANA/PWM-N3

ANA-N3

ANA/PWN-P5

ANA-P5

ANA/PWM-N5

ANA-N5

There is no Dimming ON/OFF button... although a friend of mine that has the 32S71 model it clearly says Dimming ON/OFF.

Anybody that would help me it would be great. Thanks.

What did you do to acces the service menu?