NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stewilo2005

Problem with FFVII for PC

Has anyone here played the pc version of Final Fantasy 7?

When i go into the configuration settings, under graphics it says software rendered. I know my graphics card can handle 3d accelleration. So why can't i select it. Also if i try to change it from primary display to my graphics card, nothing is there, shouldn't it show my graphics card? I just want to see if i can fix the pixelated fmv sequences, other than putting it in quarter screen. I know the fmv sequences on the ps1 version aren't pixelated.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also anyone else had this problem?

Hope this helps: http://www.download.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-XP-Patch/3000-7539-10122632.html

"Sick of Final Fantasy crashing when using XP? Want to be able to use 4X Antialiasing on your new GeForce4 MX? Enhances the music not only of Final Fantasy VII, but also Divi-Dead and Nocturnal Illusion as well as many more games! Then this is the solution to all your problems, Final Fantasy 7 XP! This patch will address all issues know when running Final Fantasy VII Platinum and Final Fantasy VII using Windows XP brining FF7 to a 100% XP compatibility rating."

I have the PC version too. It doesn't recognise your graphics card being such an old game, you're going to have to make do with software rendering I'm afraid. And BTW the patch the guy above mentioned doesn't help it recognise your graphics card, sorry and the MIDI sounds even worse!

Oh and it locks up when you do the Chocobo races if you're using XP, you have to download a patch for that.

http://files.vgpro.com/file/3245

Here, this should work.

Here's a list of all the Final Fantasy VII patches. Including the chocobo one :)

http://squaresoft.finalgaming.net/ff7/ff7pc/patches.php

Colud the nVidia Riva TNT patch help? It says:

Although Final Fantasy VII is not supported for playing in Hardware Acceleration-Direct3D on video cards using nVidia's GeForce video chip, it does work for many configurations. Here is how it should work... check site above

The PC Version of it is terrible I've tried the PSX version with an emulator and the sound quality is much better plus you can make it look much better.

thanks to everyone above. I'll see if they do anything. Also i don't actually have the ps1 version and i can't find it either. The pc version i found in Gamestation the other day, having never played it before and watching Advent Children and getting completely lost in the plot, i decided i'd play it. So long as it's story is identical to the ps1 version i don't care. (it is isn't it?)

Edit: I have just read on one of the sites you gave me that the grainy/ pixelated movies can't be helped. Something to do with translation from the ps1 version. Oh well, thanks anyway though.

If you can, buy the Ps1 version and play it on an emulator if the bad music and pre-rendering annoys you too much.

Nah, It doesn't bother me, i was just seeing if it was possible to make the videos look better. The sound is fine for me. I might look for the ps1 version on ebay though, only because my mum hogs my pc for ebay and i never get to go on it much.

Sign in to follow this