N-Europe

Rayman and red steel sales!

immy

Rayman wore off on me few months ago, but the other day I played it again and it was a good laugh again. And (talking of big money spinning publishers) whatever's become of EA's British Columbia department? I thought they assigned them entirely for researching Wii conversions and innovations which work exclusively for it.

Ubisoft are a bit of a weird company. They were the only third party to put any sort of faith into the Wii's ability to make profit before it started selling so incredibly well, but they knew they could get away with putting in less effort then you would hope for.

On top of this, their next line up of games seems to be geared once again at the 'produce a cheap game, sell it to casuals' type market. My Word Coach? Horsez 2? All crap I'm affraid, well to anyone who cares about gaming.

I hope Brothers in Arm: DT and Red Steel 2 have alot more care put into them. Red Steel 2 could be great if they actually give it a proper budget, but to be honest I can't see Ubisoft ever producing anything good for the Wii. Aside from Assassin's Creed I swear they struggle to make a good game.

It'll be interesting but really I think there are much better third parties suited to developing for the Wii. Let Ubisoft bring in the 'casual' crowd and let companies like Grasshopper, Media Vision and Capcom produce proper Wii games.

I think Red steel and (especially) Rayman are great little games for launch personally. The other games may not be great but I won't compain to a little software filler this early on. I cant complain too much, though they really have to start producing quality in 2008 or there really will be trouble - Red Steel 2 could save the day for them I feel, they'll learn from their own mistakes and take valuable tips from Metroid and No More heroes/Dragon Quest/Lightsaber game - here's hoping anyway!