N-Europe

8800GTS over heating?

Caris

Hi, just got my BFG 8800GTS the other day and i love it to bits, but i have a feeling it might be overheating.

When browsing the web i sometimes notice that images have pink sqaures on them and sometimes flashing colours. When i play a game say Half Life2 i cant hear the fan speed up at all either?

I'm just wondering if this is normal and just buggy drivers (I'm usuing the 100.65 drivers) or if my card mabey overheating?

If so what programs can i use to check my GPU temps and Fan speeds that will work on Vista?

And i take it the fan on the GPU is just controlled by temperature and i dont need to set anything yeah?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Jordan

Generally the 8000 series constantly has its fans running at 90-100% speed, if you're getting pink squares those are artifacts, now remember you have overclocked card but it definitly shouldn't be doing that, send it back.

Generally the 8000 series constantly has its fans running at 90-100% speed, if you're getting pink squares those are artifacts, now remember you have overclocked card but it definitly shouldn't be doing that, send it back.

Actually i lie, all thats happend is one some peoples sigs i slight white flickrs in black palces, its onyl happend twice for a 2seconds.

I dont know if im over reacting but i just want to know who to check the fan speed or temps, i think it's ok.

I dont know if im over reacting but i just want to know who to check the fan speed or temps' date=' i [i']think[/i] it's ok.

On xp the temperature can be found from the driver's control panel. Have you checked there? It's easier to find in 'classic view', if there is such a thing on vista drivers.