NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Samdecahedron

Graphics card dead!!

Basically, i bought a shiny new graphics card (an AGP GeForce 7800 Series BFG Tech, or so it says on it.) about half a year back, so i could play games on my PC. I get home from work, and it has just stopped giving me a picture. It's on, the fan is working, and it all seems fine. Yet still my monitor stays blank, as if it is plugged into nothing (it gets no signal. it is not a black screen). I have tried re-inserting it, cleaning any dust off it and have even tried my old monitor, and none of those have worked. It cost me quite a lot, and now I'm rather angry. Plus I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms from WoW. Anyone got any ideas at all what's wrong? And I'm not big on PCs, so any complicated things will need to be explained to me.

They made 7800 GT AGP? Jeeze, errr you could try putting it into another motherboard somewhere, but it does sound as if its just randomly died. I've had that happen once on a GeForce 5600 Ultra, just popped its clogs one day.

They made 7800 GT AGP? Jeeze, errr you could try putting it into another motherboard somewhere, but it does sound as if its just randomly died. I've had that happen once on a GeForce 5600 Ultra, just popped its clogs one day.

Alrighty, i'm gonna try to get my mate to put it in his PC. I hope it's not dead, or i'll go nuts...Thanks for the helpo!!

Sign in to follow this