N-Europe

Major Networking Issues!

Marshmellow

Alright well today I recieved the bill for my internet... And lets say just say I called 'em right away. Well turns out I've downloaded and uploaded way to many things lately. Now I have downloaded a lot of stuff lately, but after I roughly estimated all the stuff I've downloaded lately, I'm still off about 7GB and they said I uploaded 14GB of stuff which I know I have not done. This is a problem. So I think, I remember seeing a shared iTunes playlist. You know those network ones. So I assumed somebody just guessed my password.

So I changed my password to something long and nasty. But when I restart the router, I open up iTunes and those Shared Playlist are still there! I can still listen to the songs too! Then I went extreme and unplugged/unscrewed the antenna from the router and disabled the wireless altogether...

Well guess what! Playlist still there... I see this as a major problem because how is that even possible. None of my computers can be connected through directly...

One of the laptops that was wireless and is no longer connected to the internet doesn't have the playlist so it has to be on the internet.

It says the playlist is Limewire playlist. My computer had Limewire but I got rid of it when my ISP said it could of caused the large upload and download thing. So none of computers have Limewire and yeah...

Wtf?! Another playlist was just added, now this is just making me mad... I'll say it again how is it even remotely possibly for them to connect to my network! Some guy from my ISP is coming over tommorow maybe he can help sort it out, and he's a friend of mine off XBL so thats a bonus since he knows I'm semi-smart and he'll listen to suggestions and such.

Well you guys have any ideas how they are connecting and how to stop it! It's really important that this stops because guess what my ISP said I owe 'em $2200 for all the extra bandwith I used in one month! They said they will only charge me $440 since first time and I'm friends with 'em. But still this can't happen again! Thanks in advance!

Archived