N-Europe

iTunes startup annoyance

conzer16

Hey folks, I have another tech problem.

Every time I go to start iTunes, or when I plug my iPod into the computer this pops up before the app starts.

itunweirbi.png

What does this mean and how can I stop it?

iTunes opens normally after I click that away, but it is very annoying.

Cheers lads.

Guest Jordan

Try this:

Start menu >

Run >

type: msconfig

Hit enter.

Okay, go to the start up tab.

Scroll down the list and try to find anything associtiated with iTunes or Apple, and click the tick box on the left. That will disable it from boot up.

If you somehow can reinstall itunes it probably will go away. Then again I don't know if itunes can be uninstalled. Or at least every time I have tried to uninstall quicktime/itunes the add/remove programs method didn't work.

Sounds like the dll is corrupted.

Jordan's suggestion works if you don't want itunes to start when you plug in your ipod.

I would uninstall that plugin... get the latest version if you want to keep using it. If it doesn't solve the problem, reinstall iTunes. If that fails to fix it, you might need to back up your registry then use a registry fixing app to sort that DLL out (messing with your registry is risky if you don't know what you're doing though).

Try this:

Start menu >

Run >

type: msconfig

Hit enter.

Okay, go to the start up tab.

Scroll down the list and try to find anything associtiated with iTunes or Apple, and click the tick box on the left. That will disable it from boot up.

Cheers Jordan, but I already have it so nothing from Apple starts when I boot the comp.

If you somehow can reinstall itunes it probably will go away. Then again I don't know if itunes can be uninstalled. Or at least every time I have tried to uninstall quicktime/itunes the add/remove programs method didn't work.

Sounds like the dll is corrupted.

Jordan's suggestion works if you don't want itunes to start when you plug in your ipod.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice but to no avail I do want iTunes to start when plugging in my iPod though, and it does, only i get that dialogue box first.

I would uninstall that plugin... get the latest version if you want to keep using it. If it doesn't solve the problem, reinstall iTunes. If that fails to fix it, you might need to back up your registry then use a registry fixing app to sort that DLL out (messing with your registry is risky if you don't know what you're doing though).

I haven't got a clue about registries or .dll's and have always steered clear of those things. I'll try uninstalling the plugin and see where that gets me.

Thanks lads.

Edit: I don't seem to have the plugin installed at all any more. Would that be the problem? That I have previously uninstalled the plugin and it's left something* behind

*Not very technical, I know :o