N-Europe

External Hard Drive Problems

Eddage

For some reason my external harddrive doesn't appear when connected by esata.

I thought it might just be that the esata on my motherboard wasn't working but when I restart I see the following...

image424ps9.jpg

...this shows that it's detected during boot up, however when I get into Windows it doesn't appear?!

I can connect it via USB and it'll work fine, but I'd much rather get it running through esata, so anyone got any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Cheers for any help.

Erm... I'de stick with the USB one - it's easier to transport data and it's fast enough; I don't know anything about SATA discs, but I know my Maxtor 320Gb works fine over USB.

If I can get it working with eSATA then it's a shit load faster (which actually means its easier [quicker] to transfer data). I know it doesn't make too much difference but it is annoying that I don't seem to be able to use it to its full potential!

The first time I used it it worked with the eSATA as well, dunno why it doesn't now though?!

i had a weird problem yesterday when one of the usb drives conected to my computer.

so i un plugged it and waited for a while and then when i plugged it back in it worked fine

Thansk for your usefull reply.

It will be faster with eSATA, but lkike I said: I don't know anything about it. And USB 2.0 is pretty fast, too. But then again, you're probably right. Good luck tackling your problem, but nobody else seems wiling on the forum to reply. How odd...

Thansk for your usefull reply.

It will be faster with eSATA, but lkike I said: I don't know anything about it. And USB 2.0 is pretty fast, too. But then again, you're probably right. Good luck tackling your problem, but nobody else seems wiling on the forum to reply. How odd...

Yeah, I thought at least one person would have an idea...

Oh well, guess I'll try contacting Asus/Freecom!