NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Spong "Confirms" NiGHTS For Wii

BGS

sp0nge at one time claimed to be friends of Iwata. lol

link?

BGS

sp0nge take rumors that re occur and then claim they have been confirmed in order to get an exclusive.

With this one, ONM have had that hint of a new game which from the hints looks like a rebirth of Saturn Classic Nights, this has been rumored for a very long so sp0nge took the rumour and the hint and claim they have got an exclusive. They did the same thing last year with the DS lite. Rumours happened for several days, sp0nge claim they have an exclusive confirmation.

That's a complete guess by you. Thought about it a different way? They hear rumours and then ask their insiders about them. As well as "jumping on rumours" they've also correctly debunked a fair few.

BGS

sp0nge are not the biggest, most popular video game website on the net. How would they be able to get exclusive info or be friends with Iwata over sites like CVG, IGN and gamespot?

BECAUSE they're not the biggest most popular video games website on the net!! They rely on leaked information from their insiders. They probably don't have the best relationship with certain publishers through traditional means because they're known not to abide by embargos. Say IGN posted some genuine info that they'd received through some inside source that shouldn't have told them anything. Publishers would then be more unlikely to give IGN as many (any?) exclusives for putting out information that they didn't want released.

The news items and exclusives IGN and co put out are controlled by the publishers. They abide by the publishers embargos in return for being trusted with knowledge. SPOnG gets its info through leaks so are less likely to be trusted by publishers. They still get their exclusives though, just before the publishers wanted them out. This is why the entirety of the gaming press hates on SPOnG - They break embargos and get the exclusives that other sites might have already secured.

Well, it makes sense, seeing as they were toying with the idea of a tilt controller for a sequel to Nights on Saturn ages ago. Wii is Nights' spiritual home. I played the original though for a while, and it was totally new to me, hopefully this is true, and Amusement Vision or something develop it rather than Sonic Team.

BCS I call it like I see it, you want links, you got it.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5842&highlight=spong

Last April, Spong claimed that Pikmin 3 would be at last years E3, a rumour that ran a bit last year that sponge confirmed. Not true as we all know.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26&highlight=spong. september 2005

They did not get that one completely right. Mario revolution was not shown at TGS 2005

Also a professional site should not write arcticles like ths one

http://news.spong.com/article/9297?cb=87

Spong guess then confirm.

Thanks for that but they're still not links to SPOnG and neither of them seem to be direct quotes from the site. So I still don't know if the calims are true or if it's over-eager nintendo fan boys interpretating things wrongly. I notice one of those links mentioned BigTac. SPOnG are certainly more often correct than that fraud that everyone here seemed to worship not so long ago.

Anyone can put get a re-occurring rumor and then say they have a source and claim its true. The nature of the rumour is that if it re-occurs, there has to be some truth to it, spong know that and claim the exclusive to get hits.

What I'm trying to say is take with a pinch of salt whenever any site says that an insider confirms a rumour and wait until the official press release. Then get excited.

We don't know if spong really have an insider, it is an easy thing to lie about.

You never know, but Spong just guesses things and if they're lucky they'll hit the spot. They just go with the rumours that are on the web.

Sign in to follow this