Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Casual gamers - Am I the only one in n-europe/ the online community?

Amon

You don't seem like a casual gamer to me, you buy a lot of games, you come to an internet forum for people who play games.... Casual gamers for me are those who don't even read a game review or whatever, they just look at the score on the back of the box and pick up every FIFA release.

This is more along the lines of a casual gamer for me too. The point of my post was that I didn't really know what defines a 'casual' gamer, and from the original post it just came across as you seem to think not being good at what you play makes you a casual gamer, yet I know people(well, one guy) that can pick things up and be awesome at them straightaway, but they aren't really gamers sort of thing?

Amateur gamer indeed sounds more accurate for the orignal post to me, I think a casual gamer is more someone who doesn't really know alot about gaming, and just tends to buy stuff to pick up and play for 10 minutes or so whenever they have some free time.

As for myself, I'm more along the lines for what Flinky described earlier, what would I call myself? A gamer. Simple as, not a hardcore gamer, and not a casual gamer, just a regular ole gamer.