N-Europe

Monitor Problem?

arnold

Quck Question....kinda >>

Recently my monitor has been pretty screwy, it works fine, but out of the blue it started Falshing a black scren on and off, was only little to start off with did it once then never again but the past few days it's been flashing on andoff all the time, I can still hear any music i'm lsitening to, but the screen goes black then flashes back to normal, sometimes jsut keeps flashing back and forth, It seems fne while i'm browsing (most of the time while i'm writing this it didi t twice) Mostyly comes up when I start WoW Up but then goes ok after i've started palying, when i watch a Video it starts going mental, just wondering if theres anything I can do? I've fiddled with the wires connceting it up but everything seems in place, I'm guessing I need a new Monitor??

Ok, I figured out tht it wasn't my monitor, I've hooked my TV up to play a a monitor, it was fine when I first hooked it u yesterday,had no flashing atall, jsut started to watch trailer for the TMNT Movie and it started falshing straight away, so I have No idea what's causing this, Graphics card maybe?

Yes, if your monitor's working fine with other stuff but your TV's acting up too it's probably your GPU, unless its the cable going from your monitor to your PC. If you have another graphics card, swap them around and see if that fixes it. If it does, might be time for a new card :)