NEurope
ShadowV7

FullMetal Alchemist on the Wii?

Is a FullMetal Alchemist game coming to the Wii in the future?

C3: Have you had a chance to work with Nintendo's Wii hardware? If so, what are your thoughts on it? If not, are you eager to work with it?

DD: Yes, I both own one and am pushing for development on the Nintendo Wii. Like with the Nintendo DS, Nintendo is making good choices in aiming for a more interactive game platform on the Wii. The Nintendo Wii is one of the platforms that fits perfectly with the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise.

C3: Our readers are very eager to know, will we ever see a version of Fullmetal Alchemist on the Wii in the future?

DD: It certainly is a platform that would support many of the anime series' core principles. I personally think a Wii Fullmetal Alchemist game would be a blast, so we'll see where those discussions go in the future.

Rest of the Interview can be found here.

When all the anime games for the Wii got announced this was one anime series I wanted to be made into a Wii game.

From the sounds of things it definently seems like it could be made and I certainly hope it does.

Whats all the FMA fans views on this?

EDIT- Just to point out this is from the localisation group and not the actual developer.

If the only motion control feature was to "clapping" the wiimote and nunchuck together then pushing them down/forward, like Edward has to put his hands together then touch an object to perform alchemy, i will consider it a must buy as an FMA nutter fan

I'd certainly be pleased with a Full Metal Alchemist for Wii, specially if it was done by the same company that did the PS2 games; Square-Enix.

If the only motion control feature was to "clapping" the wiimote and nunchuck together then pushing them down/forward, like Edward has to put his hands together then touch an object to perform alchemy, i will consider it a must buy as an FMA nutter fan

And transforming the auto-mail into a blade, then swinging it around.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a FMA game on Wii, there was one on the DS a few months after launch in NTSC regions.

Well I'm more of a full metal panic fan but anything along the lines of Mokong's idea would be great. Controlling Al might not be as fun, but who knows

If that was true then I would squeel like a girl.

If it followed the anime nearly exactly coming up against Scar, doing the Alchemist exam etc then this would be awesome.

A big 3D World like Zelda. Even though you were to follow the storyline so it would be from one place to another, getting there via the transport instead of just appearing would be great. If only I was on their development team right now.